Sunday, June 14, 2009

FHE

For family home evening today, (yes we have it on sunday instade of monday. It's easier for us to remember that way) we talked about the council in heaven with Ammon. We got this book called Tiny Talks, and in it each topic is only a few paragraphs long, and it's written for very young children. Anyway, we talked about spirits and bodies, sang head shoulders knees and toes (which both Ammon and little Hyrum had fun doing), and talked about how everyone was with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ before we came to earth. We listed everybody we could think of (family, ward members etc) and told him that they were all at the "meeting" and were with God and Jesus. Later, after family home evening was over, I heard Ammon saying, "Preston God Christ. Tabatha God Christ. Riva God Christ. Ben God Christ..." I realised that he was trying to tell Isaac and I how all his friends and Family had been with God and Christ. I was so happy that he understood part of the lesson. Moral of the story: always have FHE because you never know how much your kids actually get out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment