Monday, August 3, 2009

hello from california.


Ok, that said, I am having a blast here in California. Lompoc is a little town off the coast, about an hour north of santa barbra. The fog rolls in about 5 in the evening and stays till about 11 in the morning. So the nights and mornings are always cold. LOVE IT! It's so nice here. It never got above 87 the whole time we've been here. Vegas is in the 115s and I just don't want to deal with that right now. I love the fact that I have to wear a sweater in the morning.

We've been keeping ourselves very busy too. Solvang is a little dutch town near by that has all these cool shops. We visited it and Isaac saw Dennis Quaid! He said he looked really scruffy. Lol I bought myself a new beautiful dress for ten bucks. The girls stocked up on dresses as the same store as well. We also toured the town in one of those nine person bicycle cart. That was halarious! We couldn't get it to go, and then we crashed into another cart. It was an awesome workout.

We went to the beach a couple times. Sand sand everywhere. Ick. You know that are of your back that no matter which way you turn, you just can't reach it? That's where I'm sunburned. Ouch!

We girl cousins and my mom all got pedicures here. I haven't had a professional pedicure in years. Now my toes are metallic blue, and the paint has not chipped off at all this week. It was halarious walking in that little shop all seven of us girls. There was only one guy there working, so he had to call in some reinforcments. Lol we all left there happy with pretty toes. :)

We went to a seafood resturaunt at the pier on pismo beach (that was ok, but I have had better seafood before). We ate on an outdoor patio and while we were waiting for our food, we saw a whale playing off the coast! We were stand and screaming " I saw a whale! There it is! There it is!!" The other diners were yelling out too. It was such a special treat. We followed it up with a night at the Great American Melodrama and Vaudville in Oceano. If you ever visit san luis obismo, you have to see the melodrama. It's all comedy that had our whole family laughing, holding our sides and crying. Even Isaac who has a different sence of humor than my family was laughing pretty hard.

Today, we're just relaxing here at grandmas house. Isaac had to go back home yesterday (I miss him) and Tinkerbell had her kittens while we were gone. 1 tabby kitten and 3 white ones. If you want a kitten please tell me!!!!

I feel very happy right now, although I miss Isaac. I don't want to go back to Vegas. Vacations make me want to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment