Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Weddings, houses and school

Well we are a week and a half away from Kimberly's orange wedding. She and David finally got an apartment picked out and they get the keys to it next wednesday. So the thursday and friday before the wedding we will be rushing to get her moved in. I think mom is going to turn kim's bedroom into a sewing room. Pretty soon she will be down to just three kids in the house. That seems so weird to me. Anyway, the bridal shower went well. There was a huge turnout for it. 20 people who did not RSVP showed up, along with the 15 who did. We were scrambling to get chairs and make more food for everyone. But it was still fun.

No new news about the. New house. But I am really itching to get into it. The roof in my bedroom here in the condo is leaking and it's supposed to rain all week long. Sigh. I slept in Ammon's room last night and Isaac slept on the couch since our bed is wet and covered in towels and buckets. Our landlords are trying to get it fixed, but in the meantime our room is out of commision. :(

School has started. I am taking private voice lessons now and I am really excited to do so. I wish I could feel the same excitement for chemistry. I really want to make it through all my chems this year and then move onto my biologies. I will be in school for a long time, but that's okay. As long as I keep moving forward, my kids will see the hard work I put into it and will see that I have made it a priority and will hopefully follow my example. I heard that when you make something a priority, like going to the temple, going visiting teaching, going to the gym, etc., that kids see that and make it a priority too. I want them to see that education is the part of the path to self-reliance. And every time I finish a class toward my degree I feel a little bit more freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment