Saturday, April 17, 2010

good weather

There's something about spring that brings me such tranquility this year. I love being out of doors right now, simply enjoying the cool/warm air. For instance, today Isaac took Ammon to a movie at Town Square, and I wandered around with a sleeping Hyrum and looked at all the stores. (For those who don't know, Town Square is a ritzy fun outdoor mall). The weather went from cool to warm without getting super hot. It was nice having some alone time. All of the stores, Hyrum waking up and two new shirts later, the two of us sat down to enjoy a cold lemonade on the grass in the shade. There was some kind of todoo going on, and there were lots of baloons, craft stands, a lady dressed up as cinderella and free ice cream. Isaac and Ammon met us there and we simply enjoyed all the sites and sounds around us while the boys ate their free ice cream. My boys were behaving and smiling, and that made everything so much easier on Isaac and I.

Now this may sound boring to you all, but for me today, it was a moment of peace. And I am trying so hard to concentrate on those moments.

1 comment: