Monday, April 12, 2010

House and Hyrum

Still no pictures........ My camera still doesn't work. blah. But we ARE in the new house now. It's great! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! The kitchen is large and blue and white and pretty. :) I love that the laundry room is upstairs. I love that the whole family can sit down to dinner without being cramped. I love that we have a garage again. OOO! and I have a bedroom with crown molding and there isn't a hole in the roof! :) and um, I love the wood floors downstairs and the shutters in the living room. I love that all the doors are upgraded, especially the front door. And I love love LOVE having a backyard. In fact, last night we had family home evening out in the backyard. It was so nice sitting under the trees and talking about the gospel with the boys.





We made it our new years resolution to have family home evening every week, and so far we are doing pretty well. WE could never seem to get it done when we had it on monday nights, so we did what my parents did when I was growing up, and we switched it to Sunday nights. WHALLA! Family home evening is now getting done everyweek. In fact, Ammon told me during sacrament meeting a couple weeks ago that he wanted to teach the lesson for FHE that night and that he wanted it to be about prayer. So Daddy helped him that evening. It's been great! I really felt that we spent plenty of time with the boys, but what we weren't doing on a regular basis was teaching them the gospel principles. So we got out the Gospel Principles book and each week we do a Childrens version lesson from a chapter in the book. I am so glad that we are doing so for 2 reasons. 1, Ammon is remembering what we are teaching! and 2, that seemed the be the theme during confrence last week- teaching your children the gospel. Well, I got that personal revelation a couple months ago, and so far it is going really really well. I hope that it continues to do so.




Hyrum turned 2 yesterday. It was a rather crummy birthday for him, sadly. We have all been sick for the past week, and still are, so there was no birthday party for him. He got to open presents, and Aunt Kimmy made us dinner (a delicious pork roast with potatoes which neither of the boys would eat). The boys didn't get cake until today since they wouldn't eat their dinner. He did get toaster strudels for breakfast though, and that's a treat in our house. But That was it for festivities. He was cranky all day from feeling ill. We watched a lot of "Jesus movies" (the only ones that I let them watch on sunday). Luckily he won't ever remember this birthday. When he turns 3 next year we'll have a big party for him and invite all his little friends. And we'll have my mom make him a fun Mickey Mouse cake or something. Too bad today wasn't his birthday, because he was rather behaved today.

Still, Happy birthday my super-cute-but-no-longer-a-baby-boy. WAAAAH! Where did my baby go? I love you Hyrum!

No comments:

Post a Comment