Last night was supposed to be book club at my house. I've been excited about this and planning this for several months now. The book for the month was The Hobbit. I made a LARGE jug of punch, pasta salad, a green salad, chopped up fruit with nutella, chips and nacho cheese, homemade pretzels, homemade apple and pear turnovers and Isaac made homemade ice cream. I cleaned all morning, and even fixed the paint on the ceiling in the kitchen and the living room. Hyrum wasn't feeling well (Poor little thing), and so he and Ammon hung out in my room watching movies on my bed while I worked. 6:30 when book club was supposed to start, I was exhausted and my feet were in pain. But everything was perfect!
Then it was 20 mins before the first guest showed up. Two other ladies came shortly after and that was it. Of the whole relief society, only 3 ladies came to book club at my house. Usually there's at least 10 or more. Some nights there's over 20. But last night there was only 4 of us. I was bummed. Isaac told me that he was really worried that no one was going to come and if they didn't he was going to feel really bad for me. He was just as relieved as I was that someone came.
We still had fun. The ladies that came are really funny. And they really liked the food that I made. And hey, the ceiling downstairs doesn't have red and blue paint on it!
But does anyone want some salad?
No comments:
Post a Comment