Enoch is now 5 weeks old. We should be finding out the results of his kindey ultrasound soon, and we found out today that most of the holes in his heart are closed. He only has 2 very tiny ones left, and bothe of those appear to be closing on their own as well. Hurray! We'll follow up with the cardiologist in 5 months to make sure that everything is good.
He now weighs 7lbs 10oz, a full two pounds heavier than at birth. He eats well, although I am in pain. ( I could seriously write a whole blog post about breastfeeding and my frustrations, but I won't. Lets just say I want to throw something at anyone who says "breastfeeding doesn't hurt." They LIE!)
Anyway...Hyrum is doing really well him. I thought for sure he would be trying to kill him at every opportunity. Amazingly enough, Hyrum is quite gentle. There is the occasional baby-is-crying-lets-put-a-pillow-on-his-face, but nothing outright mean. He is also much more interested in playing with his toys (which I am actually quite gratefull for.) Hyrum is also starting to get just a little bit better at the potty thing. I wanted him potty trained by the baby's birth. That didn't happen. My new goal is to have him potty trained by Christmas. ::fingers crossed::
Ammon loves the baby, but is very obviously very jealous. He wants to kiss and hug me and the baby all the time, over and over again....especially if the baby is breastfeeding. He wants to hold and hug and carry the baby all the time. He follows me around like a puppy. NO really, he will following me around the kitchen so that I bump into him. I'll say, "Ammon, stop following me, you aren't a puppy!" and he responds with, "I'm a kid, and kids are supposed to follow their mothers." Uh, yeah, but not that much and not that close! He really wants attention.
Isaac will be taking Hyrum on a campout either this friday or the weekend after, so I will have a chance to spend some one on one with Ammon. I think he needs it. I have been trying to show him a little bit of extra attention each day to show him I still love him. We've been building block castles or reading books together, stuff like that. I am glad that he loves the baby, I just wish he would calm down when he is around him.
What's strange is, I think even our cat Tinkerbelle is jealous. She has been acting really wierd. She'll go around meowing for us, she has taken to sleeping on Enoch's changing pad (and WON'T get up when i go to change his diapers) and other little things. It's weird. Do cats get jealous of new babies? I mean, I've heard of dogs doing so, but not cats. Hmm....
So far, the transition for me hasn't been that bad. Mind you, he has only been home 2 1/2 weeks, but it hasn't been so bad. I am just tired all the time, due to a lack of sleep, but the boys have been pretty good about letting me nap. They play on the computer while I rest. Or I'll nap while they nap. Hopefully it won't be too long before I can get a good night's sleep. :)
I hear you on the sleep thing!! I am happy things are going well, and I hope Ammon and Tinkerbell get their love fix soon! I'm so glad I had the chance to meet your little Enoch and hang out with you for a while!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad things are starting to calm down a little bit. I hope the ultrasound results are good! Hang in there. The beginning is the hardest.
ReplyDelete