Monday, March 16, 2009

So sad....but on a more rambling note....

So I went to a most depressing Wedding reception on Friday night. The family was one that I had grown up with and about a year and a half ago (i think) the father left the family. Then he remarried. I won't go into detail about all the stuff I saw at the wedding, but it was quite clear that this family had fallen apart. After wards I wanted to cry. Both the girl who was getting married and her sister had married outside of the church. These were good strong LDS girls growing up. Beehive leader, Miamaid leader, Laurel leaders. They were the girls that the rest of us looked up to....... Last summer two friends of mine, both converts to the church and the only members in their families decided to get married in the temple. Their parents were far from happy about it, and were not exactly supportive. They fought their way to have their marriage the way that God would have them have it, so that they might receive the blessings of the temple in the their home and in their marriage. I think of them, and then I think of the girls I knew growing up, who have that opportunity if they would just take it. And yet they throw it away. And it makes me want to cry.

So, on a lighter, MUCH more trivial note, I have finally discovered a foundation that I like, thanks to Christine Earl, who sells Mary Kay. She called me and asked If I would like a free facial, because she had to do so many before the end of the month to re certify. I knew before I went in that she was going to end up asking me to buy stuff, and since I have been groping in the dark for a while now trying to find the right foundation for my skin and skin color, I was prepared to spend a little money. By the end of the facial, my skin felt great, and I looked even better! So I made Isaac and the boys go out with me and we went to the MGM grand to look at the Lions (although Ammon calls the Tigers). I have come to learn that if anyone ever invites you over to do something "free" they are really just trying to sell you something in the end. For instance, a couple years ago, right after I had sent my missionary off on his mission, and Isaac and I weren't exactly dating yet, Natashia calls me up on valentines day and asks me if i want to come over and get a pedicure. I gladly come only to find that it was a party trying to sell me Body Shop products. I didn't have the money to buy anything and I felt conned into coming. Anyway, I have since learned my lesson and I went into this facial knowing exactly what I wanted. I am getting my makeup this afternoon and I am quite excited.

Hyrum this morning finally signed 'More'! It is about time too! We really need him to sign to us so that we can understand him better. Ammon is speaking more clearly lately. He even asked "mama, I need a towel!" as clear as day. He got applause for that one.

Well, I need to go home and get my kids.c-ya

1 comment:

  1. I am excited for you all to visit soon! Enjoy your makeup!

    ReplyDelete