So this past week was filled with friends and family.
Monday I made a terrific gumbo in bread bowls and isaac made bbq chicken and brauts for a group of friends for memorial day. If anyone wants the gumbo recipe, let me know. It was terrific!
Tuesday we went to my great aunts house to go swimming, and we sat and tallked to my aunt and uncle a while. Even though he has been there my whole life, I discovered how little I knew about my uncle Gordon. I love hearing stories about people, how they grew up, met, fell in love, etc. It was so nice to chat with them a while.
Thursday I went to my little sister's dance concert. She did well, but I was surprised at the dance team. Girls on a dance team should know how to point their toes when they kick, or lift their back leg when they leap. Being a dancer myself, this was torture to watch, and it literally gave me a headache. My mom and sisters thought the same thing, and we spent the car ride home discussing the technique of dance.
Friday, I took my mom and the younger sister's to a mary kay party and got facials! Sooo much fun! We followed it up with Olive Garden (my favorite!) I love the sausage lasanga rollatinis. Yum yum yum yum yum!
Saturday was filled with a baby shower, a wedding, and friends coming over to play guitar hero. (We stayed up till like, oh midnight! Lol) david blazzard can do almost any song on the hard level. Cool huh?
To top off our week, this evening we had dinner at the bishops house with about 8 other families. Chaos? Oh yes!
It felt good to just have fun this week. The boys were always there with us (except at olive garden), but it's so nice having fun with other adults.
No comments:
Post a Comment