Saturday, June 20, 2009

pretty kitty without a collar

When our family got home this evening, a beautiful stray cat ran to us meowing. She was obviously hungry, so I gave her some chili bean caserole that none of us were going to eat, along with a small bowl of water. She gobbled down the food, and then circled me and my squealing sons for a while. We enjoyed petting her, and I could tell she wanted to go in our house. She peed and pooped in our flower box in such a way that it was obvious that she was house trained, and she was so friendly to me and the boys, that you could just tell she liked people. Most cats I've seen hate people and run away quickly. All I could think of was that she was probably a victim of a foreclosure. So many people have been leaving their pets behind to fend for themselves. My heart went out to this cat, and I find that I really want to keep her. I am totally surprising myself when I say that I want to keep her, especially since I am a dog person. But there was just something about her. She was a very young cat, not quite a kitten, but not very old either. A beautifull thin tabby. My boys were so mad when I made them leave her outside and go to bed. So I helped Ammon pray this evening, to bless the kitty that she will not be sick and still be here tomorrow so we can be it's family, or that she will find her real family if she already has one. He was much happier when he went to bed. And who knows? Maybe Heavenly Father will answer my little son's prayer and let us keep this sweet stray kitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment