Monday, October 12, 2009
adventures with Hyrum
Today was supposed to be Hyrum's first day of nursery. Except he wouldn't go down for a nap before church. I finally got him to fall asleep before the end of sacrament, and then dropped him off asleep at nursery. He woke up 10 mins later screaming. The problem is, he wouldn't stop. Isaac tried holding him, I tried rocking him, I tried taking him for a walk. Nothing worked. Finally I went up to the relief society president, gave her the roll to take care of, and then took hyrum to the car. I was thinking he must be sick or something. He had screamed for half an hour. Very unlike him. I drove around a little bit thinking that might help him fall back asleep. Didn't work. When we came to a stop light I reached back and pulled off his shoes. He instantly screamed out in pain, but then calmed to a whimper. By the time we got home he was still sobbing, but the crying had ceased. All that fuss over a pair of too small shoes. I ran inside and came back out with a cup of juice and a bowl of cereal, which I then shared with Hyrum in the back seat of the car, whih he found to be quite amusing. It's not very often that mommy sits in the back seat. When the food was eaten, we drove back to church where Hyrum happily enjoyed the last 30 mins of nursery. Hopefully with a new pair of shoes, next week shall go more smoothly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor guy! I'm glad you figured it out and it wasn't because he was sick.
ReplyDelete