5 years ago, I was working at Bank of America, when a little old hispanic lady came in. She came to my station and had me do a transaction of some sort for her and I noticed she was carying El Libro De Mormon. I told her I recognized the book and she informed me that she brought it to give to my spanish speaking coworker Victor. I was surprised because I had no idea that Victor was interested in the gospel. She told me how the number of spanish speaking members in las vegas had gone from a little branch to two full wards. I don't know how well she knew victor, I think she just followed a prompting to give him a book of mormon, and it reallt impressed me. It has stayed with me all these years.
Tonight I went to a meeting at the stake for all the relief society presidencies. And there with a little help from the spirit, I was able to recognise, after 5 years of not seeing her, Sister Elia Mendoza, the lady who gave Victor a spanish Book of Mormon, and inspired me to do some of my own missionary work. She was there! At my meeting! Ok, this may not seem as amazing to anyone besides myself, but the fact that I knew who she was after 5 years?! I talked to her for a bit (gushed is more like it) and told her how she inspired me and that it meant a lot to me seeing her. She gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. So that's my spiritual moment for the day. Yeah, I'm a dork, but this is just one of the little miracles God puts in our days to help remind us of him. It was amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment