Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cut fingers and new homes

So, most of today was spent cleaning and packing the condo some more. My vacuume broke and I thought I would try out a carpet shampoo-er. It is great at getting the carpet itself clean, but not so great at vacuuming. Still, I was having fun with it while my little ones were playing with blocks and watching Chicken Little (good movie. very funny!). Well, as I am changing out the water upstairs, Hyrum comes over and starts happily playing with the shampoo-er. I notice that he is covered in blood. I follow the blood trail downstairs to the living room where Ammon is putting away Grilling utensils back in their case. Note! This box is never played with! It's not ever out. It is kept under the sink in the kitchen in a cupboard that has a baby lock on it. Well I guess the baby lock needs to be replaced because they got the case out and started playing with the Utensils inside. I put them away and ran back upstairs to check on Hyrum. Still playing Happily, but I notice that his fingers are cut awfully deep. It's gonna need stitches. Just great. So this evening for the Juarez family was spent in the ER so that Hyrum could get stiches in his left hand. I don't know how many totally he got. It was originally 4, but then at Check Out he pulled them out of his fingers, so he had to go back and get them restitched. When he and Isaac returned to the waiting room (I waited with Ammon out there) his whole arm had been bandaged to a splint so he wouldn't pull the new stitches out. I held him and kissed him and told him what wonderfull doctors and nurses they were to fix his hand. The nurse thanked me for that because I guess many parents come in and say, "oh that mean nurse" or "what a horrible doctor" and they aren't horrible or mean at all. They are the good guys and kids need to know that. Many times the kids become scared of the DRs and nurses because of these comments. So I purposefully tell the kids how wonderful they are. Anyway, we're back at my mom's now, Hyrum is sleeping and has to go back to the pediatrician in a week and a half to get the stitches out.

What is the point of baby locks for cupboards if the babies can still get to the items inside? I am starting to think that nothing in this world is babyproof. humph.... You know what is funny about this whole thing though? Hyrum didn't cry when he sliced his fingers. In fact, he didn't cry untill we held him down and they put the local anethesia in his hand. What a tough little kid!


Something good happened this eveing though. I recieved an Email while I was waiting for Hyrum to be seen. It was from our Lender, saying that the underwriter approved our loan! yay!!!!! Thankyou Lord! Thankyou Mr. Underwriter! Next stop: Appraisal! I just want to dance around and sing "we're getting a house! we're getting a house!" This has kept me in such a good mood this evening, despite the blood and stitches and stupid babylocks on cupboards that don't work. hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment