Hi there everyone!
We haven't been up to anything real exciting lately. Just living life. Playgroup is every wednesday for the kids in the ward and we look forward to it everyweek. Last week and this week it was at Sister Barrets swimming pool. It was great to talk with other moms and swim with the boys, but I left there very sunburned. I borrowed some "stuff" from Isaac that was supposed to help me tan without burning. AHahahahah. NOT! Turns out it is spf 4. Not 40. 4. I thought I had at least grabbed spf 15 (because we do have another one that isn't opened yet that is spf 15). My sholders still hurt and it's now tuesday. They are peeling also, which Ammon is quite concerned about. He's never seen peeling sunburned skin before and he doesn't know what to make of it. He's so sweet.
They also have the Family Film festival going on at the Movie theaters. It's free and a lot of the movies I haven't seen before, so It's a great outing for the boys. We saw Astro Boy today, which I expected to be dumb like Jimmy Newtron. Actually it was rather funny! I had fun. Ammon ran around the theater afterwards pretending that he was a flying robot boy. Hyrum looked at me as I was putting him in the stroller and said," I liked it! Good movie. Good movie." If I see this at DI (where the movies are wonderfully cheep!) I will most certainly buy it.
We also like going to library to pick out and borrow movies for free. Way fun!
Fathers day weekend was nice for our family. We pulled out the ice cream maker and Isaac made lime and Mango Sorbet. He really enjoyed making the Sorbet (and eating it!). I made a big pot of Chicken, sausage and Shrimp Gumbo and we went to my parents house saturday night and had dinner with everyone and then went swimming. Sunday evening we stopped by Isaac's Parents house and just had a nice evening talking and eating good food. The only damper on the evening was that we hit a pot hole on our way to the Juarez's house and on the way back home it became obvious that we were quickly losing air in our front tire. So our wonderful Isaac showed his love for his family on fathers day by changing the flat out for the donut and carefully drove us home. :) I told him he was all the more sexy because of it. hahahahaha! Luckily discount tires fixed our flat tire the next day for free, so we are back on track at no extra cost.
Happy Tuesday everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment