It's been a while since I posted. It's mostly been because we have been really busy doing nothing. lol

I was recently called to be the Ward Organist in our new Ward. Bishop insisted that the calling was from the Lord and by the spirit that was in that office at the time, I know what he said was true. Sooooo I am brushing up BIG TIME on my piano skills and slowly but surely trying to add in the foot pedles. When you play the organ, the left hand only plays the tenor part and the feet play the base part. It doesn't sound so hard huh? well, it IS hard. I have been going to the church once a week to practice the organ (I practice on the piano at home the rest of the week) and Bishop Burt actually came in and told me not to worry about the feet and to just work on my hands. Sounds good to me!
I played in church on sunday. I was AWFUL! Yeah, it was bad. At one point I whispered "I'm so sorry" to the chorister who whispered back "it's ok, just keep going." The ward has been really supportive so far. I keep having people come up to me saying, "you did great! You are so brave. " Which i know actually means, "you didn't do very good at all but we want you to know we love you anyways." Because seriously, who ever compliments the organist? Nobody! When your organist plays "I believe in Christ" perfectly, do you go up to them and compliment them? Chances are that you don't even notice it. It's when they do really bad that you notice it. hahahah Luckily I have another organist who was called also, and we will be switching off. I play in 3 weeks for 4th of July and am really trying hard to learn the StarSpangled Banner.
I told Isaac that this is one of those callings that people get for life. When you are called to play the organ, you never get released. And when you move, people in the new ward find out you played the organ in the old ward and shortly thereafter you are called to play again. Isaac just laughed and then fully agreed. haha! So maybe one day I will get to play one of THE organs. Maybe when Isaac and I go on a mission to temple square in our eighties. ahahahahaha

No comments:
Post a Comment