Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pumpkin carving




Gramma, Kimmy and I tried to take the boys to the pumpkin patch. They were not very well behaved. Next year I will just stick to going to the grocery store to get my pumpkins. Ammon was throwing a fit and Hyrum was throwing, well... the pumpkins. Gramma and I picked out two pumpkins, we gathered up the boys and went home. Ammon and Hyrum were promptly put down for naps. But when they got up we carved Jack O Lanterns out of the pumpkins and they were much better behaved.
The boys did not like the innards of the pumpkins though. They tried their best to use a spoon and then gave up and had me do all the work. I must say, I didn't really like the innards as a child either, so slimy! But I had them tell me what kind of face to draw ("Do you want triangle eyes or square eyes? upside down or regular triangles?" etc). They turned out really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment