Thursday, March 3, 2011

The baby book and my boys


This morning I got out my pregnancy week by week book. LOVE that book. My sister in law Riva gave it to me when I was first pregnant with Ammon, and it has seriously been my go to book ever since. It's almost like my own pregnancy advent calendar. Each week that goes by I read another chapter. It also helps Ammon and Hyrum, so that they can get an idea of how long untill the baby gets here. The boys like to see the pictures and hear about how the baby is growing.

Today I talked to Hyrum about baby Enoch, how he is in the womb, how the umbilical cord feeds him. He pointed to the pictures and told me the baby was upside down and laughed. I told him that most babies are upside down while in the tummy, but my baby right now is sitting up (according to the ultrasound he was breech, and by the way he has been kicking, I think he still is breech.) I told him that the baby just sleeps, sucks his thumb and swims. He looked at me and asked, "He going swimming?" I told him the baby is surrounded by water, and the water keeps the baby warm. Every picture we saw in the book after that, Hyrum pointed at the baby and told me how there was water keeping him warm. He even made sure to tell Isaac that the baby was in water and the water keeps him warm. It was so sweet.

After we were done with the book, I asked Ammon and Hyrum how many babies we should have after we have baby Enoch. Ammon replied, "A boy, and a boy and a boy boy boy boy BOY! Lots of BOYS!" "That's a lot of boys," I said, "no sisters?" "No, just boys, "Ammon laughed. Hyrum chimed in very seriously," Yeah, because boys don't like to play with sisters." I couldn't help but laugh. It was just too funny.


Ammon came up to me yesterday and rubbed my tummy. He put his face on it and said, "I love your baby. I love your BEAUTIFUL baby." I am very glad that Enoch will be well recieved by his brothers. :)

Speaking of babies, my best friend Marissa had her baby last night! I am soooo happy for her. And I am so sad that I am in Vegas and not in michigan to help her out with her new little one. She helped me out BIG time after Hyrum, and I just wish I could be there for her now. Spring break is only a week away, and I seriously thought about buying a ticket and flying out to Michigan to see her. But Money is tight and we just can't aford it right now. We are looking to buy a larger car in preparation for our own baby. So I'm keeping up with her by text right now and I ate a bowl of ice cream last night in her honor.

Speaking of eating, I seem to be slipping back into the morning sickness stage. Nothing sounds good to eat. I feel so lame because we were at Costco and I went ahead and bought the "good" deli meat (aka expensive) to make sandwiches with for while I am at school. Unfortunately I have gotton to this point where just about all meat smells funny to me and I can't stomac it, especially the expensive deli meat we got at costco. What the heck!!!??? This pregnancy is turning me into a freakin vegitarian! Not that's a bad thing. :)

Anyway, I'm going to go eat a bowl of cereal now, since it's 9:15am and I haven't had my breakfast yet. Happy thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment