Sunday, March 20, 2011

My impatient thoughts on UNLV and completion

I can be pretty patient at times. Right now, when it comes to Unlv's fall semester schedual, patiences seems to be avaiding me. As many of you know, UNLV is facing large cutbacks. The departments that I work with won't be overly affected, however, tuition is supposed to rise again, which is a major pain in the rear. Because of the uncertainties associated with the cutbacks, the school has yet to announce what their fall class sceduals will be. This is extremely annoying to me. The summer schedual is up now, and registration for it is open. HOWEVER I can't really sign up for classes until I know what classes I can take in the fall. Normally I wouldn't really worry my head over it, EXCEPT that Enoch is joining our family in late July, only a month before the fall semester begins. And he's comming to us by way of a repeat c-section. Three kids and surgery recovery..... ugh. Not a situation where I want to be burdened down by a trip to UNLV every day. What I really need this fall, is an online class or two. Something where I can stay home. No babysitter, and no breastmilk leaking through my shirt in the middle of class.

This summer there is a class that I desparately need being offered. Even better, it's being offered on-line. Part of me says, SIGN ME UP!!! Then again, if the same class is being offered in the fall online, then I will just wait till fall. But if the class that comes after it (my last IDS Class that I would need) is offered in the fall online, then I can go ahead and take both classes, one in summer, one in fall, BOTH on line and I'll be one happy mama/student.

I really wish UNLV would hurry up and post it's fall schedual so I can figure out MY schedual (not to mention, apply for the correct amount of financial aid). Graduation is FINALLY in sight. It's still a couple semesters off, thanks to little Enoch comming to join us, but that's alright. I have a maximum of 2 Ids classes, 3 Nutrition classes and 5? Food and Beverage classes. If UNLV will cooperate with me, I might get done by fall 2012! Wait wait, UNLV cooperate? hahahaha. Ok, lets be reasonable here. I'll probably be done by spring or fall of 2013. But even THAT doesn't bother me, because both Ammon and Hyrum will be in elementary school in fall of 2013 and it will give us more time to pay off other debts before we have to start paying off school. So really it's no big deal if it takes longer. I'm just really tired of being in school. I know inside though that quitting is not an option. Financially, it doesn't make sence at this point and I can't get the confirmation spiritually that I should stop. Plus, I think I owe it to my husband, my kids, my parents and most of all to myself to finish and get that diploma.

Now if only UNLV would post their darn schedual.

1 comment:

  1. I loved your paragraph with the line, "UNLV cooperate?" ..it made me laugh! Good luck with the waiting game! I hope all your classes work out!

    ReplyDelete