We celebrated with an Iron man party. I almost went out and bought an iron man cake, but we decided to go with a betty crocker homemade lemon cake, since me and my sisters agreed that the box cake tastes WAaaaayyy better than store bought cakes. I sent Isaac out to find some small iron man toys, which we decorated the top with, and whalla, an Iron man cake that cost about, oh $8.00 rather than $35.00. Cheap? OH yes! :)
The whole morning Hyrum was begging us to let him eat his Hot Dogs, Eat his Iron man cake, and Open his presents. As soon as the guests showed up, he wanted to do all three as fast as he could. Within an hour we had eaten, blown out candles and opened presents.
It mostly consisted of family at his party. Only 1 little boy from chuch could make it, a 17 month old named Gus with the cutest curly hair! Everyone else was out of town. But Hyrum didn't mind, and he and Ammon played with his many new Iron man toys for the rest of the day.
I don't think I got a picture of it, but Isaac made a cake that was completely made out of Homemade dark chocolate and vanilla ice cream with a layer of Oreos between the two flavors. There was no actual cake in it, it just looked like a cake, but man it was good. He can't wait to make another one. I can't wait for him to make another one. But this time we're going to try a milk chocolate ice cream rather than dark chocolate.
So that was Hyrum's party. It was fun, and my house was a MESS afterwards, and it was nice hanging out with my family and seeing Hyrum get excited over everything.
Happy Birthday HYRUM!
Thank you for posting. I loved reading about it. What a cute little guy. I wish we could have been there of course. Give them hugs and kisses from me.
ReplyDelete