Still no pictures, because I cannot find the camera battery that I just charged.
This weekend was really nice for us. I went to the Dr.s on friday where they told me everything was looking good, but they wanted to schedual another in a few weeks to check on the baby and placenta and make sure that everything still looks good. Ammon came with me to this appointment and got to hear Enoch's heart beat. Since he was so good, I think I will take him to the ultrasound too. He likes looking at untrasound pictures, whether they are mine or someone elses, so I think he'll enjoy it.
After tiding up the house, teaching piano lessons, getting the van smogged and then registered, we headed up to Ceder City. We got there with just enough time to swim in the indoor pool at the hotel for half an hour. That was sooooooo nice. I have a new maternity swim suit that is SOOO cute, and actually makes me feel cute despite being large and round. Isaac stayed at the room and read while the boys and I had some mommy time swimming.
The next morning we went to Isaac's Grandpa Stewart's funeral. Depending on who it is, I actually enjoy funerals. Okay, I know that sounds morbid, but I love hearing all the stories about the person when they were alive, the funny things they did as kids, how they met their spouses, their career attempts, etc. Funerals are very spiritual, and even though the person is gone, you feel like they are close. It's a celebration of life. Now, I didn't really feel this way when my grandparents died, and If any of my immediate family dies then I will probably be a lot more distraught. But when it's someone that's a tad bit more distant to me, I enjoy going and celebrating them.
A very nice couple, Brother and Sister Lamb, who used to live in Isaac's ward when he was younger, had moved up to Kanarraville, and lived just down the street from the chapel. They offered to take Ammon and Hyrum while we were at the funeral so that I wouldn't be in the nursery the whole time, and we gladly accepted. Everything is in walking distance from the church, so the boys got to go to the library and the playground while we attended the service.
We drove home after that, took a good nap and home, and then the boys and I went to the Ward dutch oven party at the park while Isaac stayed home and prepared his lessons for church the next day (he got to teach sunday school AND preisthood today, lucky him). Cool evening air, good company, and a playground make for a wonderful evning. We stayed until the boys got tired and most of the people had left.
Overall a nice weekend. I hope anyone who actually reads this also had a good weekend.
Oh, and Welcome to the World Baby Elena Juarez!~ Congrats to Ben and Jill on their new little one!
No comments:
Post a Comment