Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Age of Chivalry!

When I was in High school, my friends introduced me to the annual renaissance faire. I was hooked. I loved the dresses and the food and the shows. Call me a nerd if you want, but after watching an 8 hour documentary of King Henry VIII and his 6 wives, I was stoked to go somewhere where it felt like I was back in those times.

I introduced the faire to my sisters and brother. They love it too.

Kimberly and I introduced it to our husbands. I'm not sure about David, but I know Isaac think's it's great. This year, all of us adults/teens (except Celeste, because she's at BYU) went together to the faire. I left Ammon and Hyrum at my mom's house, because I took them last year, and all they did was hit people with their swords and complain that they wanted to go home. I'll try again in a few years.


Now, I don't think of myself as a very good seamstress. I do like to quilt, but I don't like to do anything fancier than squares. I've done the triangle thing, and I just get frustrated. But I have made an apron for myself which turned out cute. But I am most proud of this! Isaac's Doublet. I MADE IT!!! I followed the pattern and it turned out great! He even got complements on it from strangers at the faire. That totally made my day.
:

Enoch came with us, and we put him in the carrier on Isaac's back. We were worried about his head getting a sunburn ( because the poor boy has lost almost ALL of his hair!) so we bought him a little court jester hat. He looked so cute! We constantly heard people saying, "oh my gosh, that's a REAL baby!" Uh, yeah. Why would Isaac get all dressed up and then put a doll on his back. That would be wierd. We had a couple of people ask to take Enoch's picture. We also had a few people that snuck up and took his picture without asking. The child is only 4 months old and he already has his own paparazzi!

The faire was fun, but it could have been better. It felt like there weren't as many vendors this year. And they held the faire at Silver bowl park rather than sunset park. Sunset park is just better, because they have the lake and TREES! I got sunburned at silver bowl park because of the lack of shade. :( The food was outrageously priced too. So after taking a couple pictures to remember the night, we left and had dinner at Famous Daves. Ahhh.... Ribs.

I can't wait until the boys are old enough to enjoy the faire. I also can't wait for the day when I have a really fancy dress. I want something like this:

actually, If I could, the two of us would go as this:

Then again, it might be fun to go as this:

Oh the possibilities! I have a year to decide. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment