Isaac has a friend from work that has been bugging him for a while to get a gym membership. So he finally did, and the two have been working out every day for the past two weeks. Last night he came home from working out, in a shirt with cut off sleves, and well, I about swooned. In just TWO weeks he is already starting to get that V shape and his arms are becoming nicely defined. He put on a pollo that was a size large today, rather than an x-large, and it fit him nicely ( a little while ago it was too small). The scale says he hasn't lost much weight, but it's CLEAR that he's gaining muscle, so that's all realitive.
Do you know what sucks about all this? I have been exercising since January, and I have only lost 1/2 a pound. Granted, my work outs aren't as strenuous as his, and I've been working out about 3 times per week rather than 5. But I really thought that I would lose a LITTLE more than what I have.
I'll be honest, I need to lose a good 25 lbs. It's all weight I gained from my last pregnancy, and I hate that I am so much bigger now.
But seeing the great Results Isaac is getting already is motivating me to go to the gym more. I've been going there twice a week, But I need to go there 5 times. I get better workouts at the gym than I do when I work out at home. I also don't have little kids crawling on me (or under me) when i'm there. :)
Last night I made homemade shrimp tacos and they were SOOOO good! And I didn't follow a recipe, I made it up myself. I had to post it on here.
Heat up some olive oil in a pan, about 3 tablespoons or so, and ad about 1/2 teaspoon of freshly chopped garlic, a couple turns of freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, and a sprinkly of cayenne pepper ( just enough to give it some zing without burning your mouth. Satee the peeled shimp in the oil mixture for about a minute, just enough to heat them up. Add them to a warm flour tortilla with some thinly sliced cabbage (yes, cabbage, not Lettuce) some cilantro, some salsa, and the most important ingredient, some freshly squeezed lime juice. It was SOOOOOOO good. And so Healthy!
That sounds tasty, and I have all the stuff. I'll make it this week and let you know how it goes! Good luck with working out...I feel ya about the weight loss thing.
ReplyDeleteI hate it that guys lose so much easier. Tim went to the gym twice and lost 20 lbs. REALLY? Please, as if it's not hard enough lol. Good for you guys for working out! I'm working out 2-3x a week which is better than I have been in a long time. I still have about 80 lbs to go.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're motivated! That's what people need, and if you have it, that's really all you need. If you want any advice, let me know. I run the remedial program for people who are out of shape, and need to get back into shape for my unit. Good Luck!
ReplyDelete