This evening we had the missionaries over for dinner. After they had left, we had family home evening and Isaac talked about what we can do to prepare for a mission. (Ammon's response was, "Start packing?" hahahaha)
Isaac talked to them about how you can read your scriptures everyday and pray everyday that way you can learn the gospel. He told them they need to learn the gospel so they can teach it to others. Ammon looked at us so sweetly and asked, "Does Trista know the gospel?" Trista is a forgien exchange student from China who is living with my parents.
I told him, "No, Trista does not know the gospel."
Concerned, he looked at me and sweetly asked, "Can we invite Trista over to our house and teach her the gospel?"
I told him that while I would love to, we could not. "Why?" I tried to explain the best I could to my 5 year old that the program that she is in won't really let her. Truthfully, the program probably wouldn't care if we did, but she isn't allowed to get baptised (or make any other life changing decisions) while she is here. He accepted my answer and we continued on with the lesson, discussing how we can prepare for a mission by eating all of our food at dinner.
Ammon is just now starting to learn that some people know the gospel of Jesus Christ and some do not. He was absolutely floored when he found out that Lutherans don't read the Book of Mormon. "They DON'T read the Book of Mormon?!.....Do they believe in Jesus? What about Heavenly Father??"
What I find interesting is how concerned he is about other people who don't have it. He wants other people to read the Book of Mormon and hear the gospel. I don't even know if Ammon understands what a testimony is yet, but there are things that he says and does that lets me know that He has a testimony. I hope it continues to grow.
What a sweet post about a sweet boy! I can't wait to watch Jack learn things like that!
ReplyDeleteThat is adorable! Oh I love Ammon.
ReplyDelete