I woke up this morning to a try full of fruit and an omelet filled with fresh basil, tomato, mushroom, green onion, spinach and mozzerella cheese. Talk about a surprise, I half expected something super sweet, like french Toast. The omlete was wonderfull. I wish I could have eaten everything, but all day today I have just felt so naseous (no I'm not pregnant). Luckily, It's mothers day, so I have a good excuse to lay down all day.
I did go to church though. Hyrum got up and sang with the Primary (Mother i love YOU). Ammon was going potty when the kids sang, so he didn't sing. After Church Hyrum gave me a tin can that had hearts on it. When I opened it, there were little slips of paper that listed things he loves about me. "I love how you sing to me" "I love your hugs" "I love how she cooks for me" "I love all the things she gives me all day." It was SOOOO sweet. Isaac gave me two bouquets of flowers, some pink carnations and a mixed colored boquett of roses. Ammon entertained his brothers while I got a nap (very gratefull for that one too!)
School is finally out for me for the summer. I am hoping to take Psychology 101 this summer, but it depends on finances. I might have to wait and take it in the fall (no biggie). It will still be a busy summer though. My goal is to have Ammon Reading by the end of the summer, so we will be spending a lot of time at the Library. Teaching him to read is hard because he doesn't look at the words, he just tries to memorize what I have said. For instance, he came to me with the a WALL E book, and told me exactly what was on the page.... except that the book was partly closed and he wasn't even looking at it. He really has no desire to learn how to read. This summer is going to be rough.....
Enoch is trying to stand up, and will copy the vowel sounds that people make. We are trying to get him to say MAMA, but all he says is either DADA or BABA. And when he says Baba, it's usually babababababab, and he sticks his little chin out, making him look like a fish. He is WIGGLY and wants to be held all the time, but then just wiggles to get out again. He likes to be where the older boys are, and gets upset if they lock him out of their rooms while they are playing. He is usually pretty happy, and likes attention.
Hyrum Broke his arm this past month. He was playing on the playground at the Park during a Ward party, and somehow fell off. He came to us crying and holding/guarding his arm. He could wiggle his fingers, so some of my friends said that he probably just sprained it. I just kept getting that prompting to take him to the ER just in case, and I am so glad that I listened! He had broken his wrist in two places! He now has a bright green cast on his arm that he seems rather proud of actually. He is left handed, and of course, it was his left hand that he broke. The one good thing about this, is that he usually only sucks his left thumb, and with this hand in a cast, he hasn't been able to do so. Hopefully, this will help him break the habit of sucking his thumb.
Isaac is still working at RJA. He has been working out with a friend from work, and actually participated in a 5K recently. I'm hoping he'll do more races, since he did them in high school and was quite good. I think it would be good for him.
Well, I'm going to get going. I can smell dinner comming up the stairs, and I am finally getting an appetite. I'm going to go help Isaac fix dinner so I can eat.
Happy mothers day!
No comments:
Post a Comment