I haven't updated in a while, and that's okay. I've been busy. Like, really busy!
I have been taking summer school classes, and so most of my summer has been sucked up into the vortex known as UNLV. I get up, make breakfast and clean the house, till it's time to go to school. School is followed by a work out at the gym (i've lost 6 pounds!) and then I go home, take a shower, and then relax, usually by watching a documentary with the kiddos. PBS.org has full episodes on-line, and we have been watching NOVA. The kids LOVE NOVA. Ammon can tell you all about Volcanos, where they are, the difference between Lava and Magma, the different parts of a volcano. I relax so much better to NOVA than I do to any other television show. Funny how that is huh? I remember watching NOVA with my parents as a kid, and I am so happy to share this educational show with my kids.
Ammon starts school in two weeks, as do I. I went to go enroll him, and was told that not only would he have to be in the afternoon kindergarten, but he wouldn't have a bus to school. 3 Days a week is no problem for us, but there are two days a week that he would have no way of getting to school! AH! After a few quick phone calls, and a frantic search on UNLV's website, my school schedual has been flipped upside down so that Isaac or I can get him to school everyday, and he can go to his Buddy Tarren's for half an hour when they get off the school bus in the afternoon. Whew! Dodged a bullet there. AND! One of the classes that I needed this fall, changed it's times and added more availability, fitting perfectly with Ammon's schedual, so I can get it out of the way, and not have to worry about taking extra classes after I graduate. So, Afternoon kindergarten for Ammon was a blessing in disguise.
I am so nervous for Ammon going to Kindergarten. I want him to do well. Most kids can write their names by now, but Ammon can't (or rather won't). But he can add. He knows all of his single addition, and he loves science (which explains his love for NOVA. Or Does Nova explain his love for science?) He is starting to learn sight words too. But he doesn't have much patients for reading books. He does like the piano though.
I'm still teaching piano. I have 9 students now. This has been good for me, becuase I am now practicing the piano everyday myself. I figure, I can't really tell my students to practice everyday, and not do it myself. So I have and my skill is really improving. I borrowed a big book of classical music from my inlaws and have been practicing music out of it. I am so excited by how much I have grown musically. I actually get EXCITED when I play. I just started playing Rondino yesterday, and It sounds like I have been playing for weeks. HEE HEE! It makes me happy.
Enoch is walking all over the place. He loves water, no matter how cold. We went on a hike to Mary Jane Falls, and he played and played and PLAYED in that cold water. He also insists on climbing in the bathtub with Isaac or I when we are showering just so he can get to that water. Yesterday, I was scrubbing some blue paint off the driveway. I had taken Enoch's diaper off because he was poopy and he wanted to play in the water. He walks over to me with an extra scrub brush and begins scrubbing the driveway also. I wish I had gotten a picture. He was so cute, butt naked splashing the water and pretending to scrub the driveway.
Enoch babbles a lot, but doesn't say a whole lot of understandable words. Mama and Dadda, quack, wawa, etc. He LOVES cell phones, whether they are real, toys, or the tv remote. He'll put them by his ear and say, "googly googly googly" then smile at us. It's halarious, because he always says googly googly. He also says "googly googly" whenever he opens up a book, pretending to read.
Speaking of reading, I have started reading Harry Potter and the Socerers Stone to the kids. We read a chapter a day, and Ammon really likes it. If I ask him what happened, he acurately tells me, and then beggs me to read some more. This is the first non-picture book that I've read to the kids (besides the Book of Mormon) so I am happy to share it with them.
Hyrum is so imaginative. He can turn anything into a talking toy, and he likes to make up words for things he creates. He loves creating things (usually space ships) whether it's building things out of blocks or legos, or coloring picures. Ammon isn't into coloring at all, but boy Enoch sure is. He LOVES getting ahold of colored pencils and coloring on anything he can find (usually my students' piano books for some reason....)
Hyrum is so STRONG! He looks like he might be overwieght, but the kid is just TALL and MUSCULAR! We finally moved him into a regular booster seat so that he can buckle himself in. He likes to punch people (usually Ammon) so when he starts, I have him come over and punch my hands like we would do back when I took kickboxing. I put my hands up and he punches them, crossing his body. He loves it, it helps with his aggression, and doesn't hurt anybody. Maybe he'll be a boxer one day.......
No comments:
Post a Comment