My immune system went on vacation. It told me that it had worked very hard this summer and did a very good job of keeping me from getting sick, and now it is taking a well deserved break. And now I am fighting off a cold.
School and kids are keeping me busy. All I want to do is just lay down and sleep for the next week, but that is rather impossible, since laying down just means that mucus collects in my lungs and it makes me feel even more like crap. I don't get much sleep. Which is why I want sleep so bad. bleh
So, imagin that you are running a long distance race. You have about a mile or so left to go. You know that this last mile is the hardest you will have to face, and you will be very taxed physically. But you know that when you pass that finish line, all your hard work will pay off. Not only that, but you will qualify to go on to the championships. You and your family are planning a big celebration. Then you find out that somewhere right before the finish line, there is going to be someone there who will tackle you to the ground. You don't know when exactly this will happen, or what will happen to you when it does. You just know that crossing that finish line will be very difficult, and you may not make it to the championships.
This is me right now. I am supposed to graduate in May from UNLV. I would have all of my prerequisits for my Masters Program. After 8 long years, I would be done. We were going to go to DisneyLand To celebrate. The kids have been saving up their money all year for this. But I don't know if that is going to happen now.
Sometime in April or May, our family is going to be growing. A new little baby boy or girl will be joining us (most likely boy, since we don't seem to make girls). And While I am thrilled (I LOVE babies!) I can't help feeling like I just recieved the news that I am going to be tackled to the ground right before my finish line. If I my calculations are right, I will be having my baby about 3 weeks before finals. Which means I will be missing class right before finals, missing out on important information for those tests. I will be studying in the hospital. I will be engorged full of milk while I take my finals. I'll have to find someone willing to watch a newborn while I test, unless I can manage to bring baby with me (Isaac and I were actually joking about that today. Breastfeeding while taking my finals). It also means I will not be taking Anatomy and Physiology II in the spring. (I'll have to take that at CSN after I graduate). I don't even know if I will be able to graduate at all. I certainly won't be going to the ceremony (Those ceremony's are three hours long. I am NOT doing that with a newborn. no no no) I just feel like I am SOOOOO DANG CLOSE! Why couldn't we have gotten pregnant with a due date in JUNE!?!!?!?!?!?!?!
I am tempted to go buy cute girly stuff. But I've done that before, and each time I do, I have a boy. Maybe I should buy boy stuff........
Congrats on being pregnant but your situation is hard. Our lesson in RS today was on how Heavenly Father has a plan for us and that He knows the bigger picture and sometime we can't see it until later. So, just realize that this sweet baby of yours is meant to come then and you don't know why now but may later in life. Also know that things will work out, one way or another and that it will be ok. I get it though. I am a planner to and seeing this road bump is stressful. If it's a baby sitter you need, I don't mind, anytime. I think our boys would have fun playing together. If it was me, I say finish. Ran into something kind of close last semester and it all worked out. I was on bed rest the last 10 weeks of pregnancy while trying to finish school and then I still had a month left after I had my baby. It was hard and I was stressed but it all worked out and to top it off, I pulled A's. My advice is to work ahead in your classes if you can and at the beginning work it out with your professors. That is what I did so they were understanding and I was able to take a few tests early. If finishing school is what you feel is the right thing to do, it will work out. Good luck with it all and again, let me know if you need anything like to watch your kids, ect.
ReplyDelete