Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Doctors visits

We have had a very unhealthy holiday. One that has me thinking that we will ALL be getting the flu shot from now on. Influenza followed a week later by a tummy bug is not really how I was looking forward to my vacation from school. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad all this sickness is happening now instade of while I'm in school. But it wasn't really how I wanted to spend my holidays either.

Isaac is taking Enoch to the Drs today because he has had the tummy flu since last friday. The spewing of bodily fluids at the dinner table last night, followed by more spewing in his crib, was the final straw. Of course, no vomiting has occured today, and he has been acting like his sweet happy self.

I'm taking Ammon to the Eye Drs to get his first pair of glasses this afternoon. He has been squinting for a while, and I was planning on getting him some glasses at the beginning of my break....you know, before we all got sick. My glasses broke on Saturday night also, so I made a double appointment. I'm kinda bumbed about the glasses. In march they will be three years old, and I can still see just fine out of them, and I still really like them. I was hoping to get a few more months out of them before I replace them. Oh well. Hyrum's glasses broke also. I'm hoping we can fix them, but chances are I'll have to replace them as well. We're getting the cheepest we can find for those boys since they will probably break them.



2 comments:

  1. What a lame way to spend the holidays. Sorry to hear you guys are all under the weather and needing glasses. When it rains it pours. If it's any consolation, Jonathan said the flu shot completely missed the virus this year and he and all the doctors he works with have seen more people come in with the flu than ever before. So most years it helps, but this year it was pointless...consider the money you saved! I love the picture of you and Enoch on your side bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you guys have all been sick. For he past 6 years we are sick every year in December, don't know why, it just happens. Something different each time and that is why I make sure we get our flu shots every year in hopes we don't get it. Yes, I know not every year they work but I would rather try than to get the flu. This year was hands foot and mouth disease not fun. Also, Walmart has really cheap glasses. I think they start around $20. That's the route i would go for kids. You might be able to get a protection plan for pretty cheap but not sure. Good luck with all that.

    ReplyDelete