Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day 5 in the hospital

I saw Dr. Bolnick yesterday. He informed me that all the Perinatologists at the practice got together and had a meeting. I was discussed at this meeting and he told me there were several things he had to tell me.

The first was simply whether or not they were allowed to inform my father in law of what is going on, even though he isn't my dr. I told them that was fine, no big deal.

Then he informed me that they want me to get an MRI to find out more information about the acretia. We don't know if the MRI will show any more information, but some info will be better than nothing.

He also told me that we need to simply plan on having the hysterectomy. If they do the c-section and a miracle happens and the placenta comes off the way it's supposed to, then no hysterectomy will take place. But if that does happen, they don't want to try to mess with it. It's more dangerous for me if they try to separate it if there is an acretia than it would to simply take out the uterus.

Then he told me that I won't be able to go home untill we have the baby. It's just too dangerous. I am currently 31 weeks. Sometime between 34 and 35 weeks, I will have an amniocentisis to determine if the baby is mature enough to be born. If he is, they will c-section me the next day. If he's not, they will wait until 36 weeks and will c-sections him either way. And If something major happens before then, then I will have the baby before then.

I had my MRI today. That was an experience. I didn't know I was claustrophobic until I went in the machine. I couldn't breath, my hips hurt and I felt like I was going to throw up. It was so hot. I felt like passing out. It was similar to the feeling I got when I almost passed out after donating blood. They had to stop the machine and pull me out. I felt so EMBARRASSED! The girls were so nice about it. They said a LOT of patients have panic attacks in there, and that many will try to climb or "swim" out of the machine themselves. I simply tried my best to wave the girls down without moving too much so that it wouldn't mess up the machine. They gave me some water and sent me back to my room, got permission to give me a sedative, GAVE me the sedative and then sent me back to the MRI. I got through it that time. I just kept singing different aria's from Mozart while in the machine, focusing on the words rather than the loud sounds around me.

Once I got back to my room, the medication REALLY kicked in, and I slept and slept and slept. I only woke up because my Sister Kimberly came to visit me. I was still pretty drugged when she got here. But still We talked and I ate and played mancalla. My husband is coming by with the boys in a little while and my friend Kim Pacl is going to come visit me as well. She said she's going to bring me pie for PIE day! 3.14 everyone :) yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment