Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I'm 31 weeks now

I've been without bleeding for a good day now. yay! That makes Day One. I need to go two more days without Bleeding before I can go home. I'll be on strict bed rest when I do, but at least the bed will be much more comfortable and I won't be woken up in the middle of the night to have my blood pressure checked, medicine given me, baby's heart rate monitored, etc. Isaac brought me my own pillow from home and it's AMAZING The difference it makes. Ahhhh the sweetness that comes from imitation down. I LOVE my pillow. :)
The pillows here at the hospital are not comfortable at all.

The nurses are all really nice, and the food is kinda eh. Isaac also brought me a container full of my homemade gumbo last night, and eating that was WONDERFUL! I had made a huge pot right before I went into the hospital, and I knew that with all the comotion of me being here, it probably wasn't getting eaten. Something here has been giving me the stomac cramps. May have been the food, it may have been the stool softeners they gave me, I don't know. But either way, they pretty much stopped once I had some of my own cooking. I'm feeling a lot better now.

I've been discussing my health options with the drs every day. Basically they all say the same thing. I'm most likely going to need a histerectomy when its time to deliver. They are happy that I'm not bleeding anymore. I'll find out today if I still have to wait two more days or not before going home.

They put me on Procardia to control my contractions. They think that's why I was bleeding in the first place. Which is interesting to me, because I TOLD the hospital when I went in on friday that I was feeling contractions and the nurse kept saying that the monitor wasn't picking any up. Which totally confused me. It's my 4th pregnancy, I should know what a contraction feels like! I'm I just mistaking the baby's movements? Turns out, I really WAS feeling contractions. But I'm not feeling very many anymore, that medications works great.

The boys came over last night to have family home evening at the hospital with me. It didn't really work out. We didn't have the scriptures with us or even a book to read, and they were obsessed with watching the baby's heart beat on the monitor. We finally gave up trying to have FHE and watched sponge Bob square pants. Later on when I went to go to sleep, I discovered that I couldn't move my bed up and down. Enoch had aparently found a switch and turned off the bed! The nurse laughed and fixed it, and it was no big deal. Funny though.

The relief society president and compasionate service leader came over last night too, and we talked for a while. They are such sweet ladies. They brought me some bath and body works lotion and body wash, which is AWESOME because I forgot to pack body wash with me. I can always use the hospital's of course, but there is something really nice about using bath and body works. I'm hoping they'll let me take a shower today. I'm all sweaty. :(

I should probably stop blogging now. I have a phone call I have to make in about 5 minutes with an academic advisor, discussing my school options. I hope everything works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment