Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Spring Valley Hospital and Desert Radiology Sucks!

I should say first, that their doctors and nurses are great! We've delt with the Emergency room, Labor and Delivery, Post partum and the NICU and each area was wonderful. But Billing is an absolute nightmare!

Isaac went into the emergency room last August. We are still fighting with Spring valley about a $500 they are charging us because they didn't send the insurance company a precertification.

The hospital keeps saying, "we don't need to send a precert, he was only in the ER!"
Insurance says, "uh yeah they do, He was in the ER for 18 hours. That's pretty standard, the hospital knows that."
Hospital says, "we show he was only there one day!"
Insuance says, "really? because the information they sent us shows that he went in at 10 o clock at night and was discharged the next day at 4:30 in the afternoon. That's 18 hours. We need a precert."
Hospital says, "How does the insurance company know that he was in the hospital for 18 hours? What times do they have? Because we no longer have the times that Isaac went into the hospital and was discharged. Call allied and find out the times he went in and left the hospital so we can verify."

Wait. What!? You don't even have record of how long a patient was at your hospital!?

I should also add that when Isaac went in, he had to give the people his insurance information twice. He gave them the cards and stuff, and later on an admit lady came to talk to us about how we were eligible for charity to help pay our bill. Isaac tells them, "uh, I have insurance..." Lady is really surprised and takes the information AGAIN. Aparently, neither time do they tell Desert Radiology that they now have our insurance. I give Desert Radiology our insurance info. They never send in the claim. We're sent to collections instade. DR won't take a payment from the flex spending account because they "sent it to collections. Try calling collections and have them run the card." Clark County collections won't take the card either. "call Desert Radiology. They can run the card and then just let us know that you've paid them." ARGGG!!!

What makes matters even worse, is that this isn't a one-time occurance. We had major issues with billing when Enoch was born, and When I went into the ER at Spring Valley. I FINALLY got things cleared up with Desert Radiology from when I went into the ER back in September (at least, they told me it was all cleared up. It better be!) I haven't had problems at Summerlin, or Mountain View or Sunrise for any of the times that we've had babies or gone to the ER. But everytime one of us goes to Spring Valley, we get screwed over financially.

Southern Hill Hospital is looking mighty nice..... Perhaps this baby will make his debut in that hospital.....

No comments:

Post a Comment