Friday, July 19, 2013

Summer Time

Life has slowed down this summer THANK GOODNESS! No school for any of us, no piano lessons, no choir. I put the boys in a Saturday morning Karate class out at the Rec center, and they also had swimming lessons for about a week before Tabatha went off to college. Now I spend my days cleaning, making food, reading with the boys, reading on my own, going to the library, planning grad school, swimming, etc. It's such a nice change of pace.

The boys are enjoying Karate. This coming Saturday is their last day, and Ammon didn't want to enroll again, but Hyrum did. I sit there and watch them and try to learn the moves as well so that I can help them when we get home. Hyrum has learned some very important things about Karate, like Always eat breakfast before going, always bring your glasses or else you can't see the instructor very well, and pretending that you are hurt when you don't know how to do the steps because you were daydreaming doesn't work with mom around.
As for swim lessons, they didn't have enough time to really learn how to swim, but they are getting off of the steps and playing now, which is nice. We put Zion in the pool and he cried at first, but then he got used to the water and decided he liked it. His uncoordinated two month old self kicked and kicked with joy. Enoch has lost the fearlessness he had around water last summer, and basically just wants me to hold him the whole time. If I put him on the steps and swim away, he gets out of the pool and follows me around whining for me to hold him again. Thanks to him, I haven't done any laps this summer like I wanted to. ;)

I have an agreement with Ammon that if he reads 100 books this summer, I'll take him to the Adventure dome at Circus Circus. He's on book 17 I think. We've got a ways to go.

Isaac's truck broke down on the free way yesterday. I was playing with the boys in their room, building a house out of Legos when he called me, and so I had to drop everything and go get him. $100 later, the truck is now across the street from our house and we don't know what is wrong with it. I really want it to last 3 more years, so we can pay off the van and then sell the truck and buy a new vehicle for Isaac. I hope that whatever repairs the truck needs do not cost more than the worth of the truck, otherwise we'll be selling it and buying a new vehicle sooner than planned. Poor Isaac. The only good thing Is that now Isaac is taking the van to and from work and has air-conditioning (the conditioner on his truck had gone out a couple weeks ago too). It's so hot out right now, I am constantly worried about him getting sick while driving the truck.

Enoch's speaking is coming a long. I still haven't gotten him in to see a speech therapist, but he is saying mama and dada now, along with Bubu (bubbles), uh-oh, and a few other small words. He usually points and babbles or signs for things that he wants. He LOVES Zion, and will occasionally pet him softly to show that he likes him. Zion can smile now and we all get a kick out of seeing him smile.

Isaac had got an award the other day at work for being the newest member at RJA. We all found this hilarious, because he's been with RJA for 5 years now. Still he got a new camcorder as an award, which is nice. The kids are looking forward to using it to make their own angry birds movies. Speaking of homemade angry bird youtube videos, I'm pretty sure that is where my kids have learned to say some not so nice words. I apologize in advance if my kids say any bad words in the presence of, well, anyone; we're working on it.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July. I really need to get off my butt and go make some mini cheese cakes for it, but I'm just not in the mood. Maybe this afternoon..... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment