Tuesday, March 17, 2009

25 things about myself

25. Right now I am suffering from horrible alergies. I really hate mulberry trees around this time of year because I can't seem to breath for a couple of days, and claritin does NOTHING! ::sneeze::

24. I can lick my nose and my elbow. Aparently my sister informed my Young Women's president this once and she got mad at her for lying. But it's the truth!

23. I had to have two c-sections, and will probably have to have all my children by c-section from now on. Especially if the rest of them come out to be as big as my first two ( 9.14 and 9.4!)

22. I love princess stories and fairy stories. That little girl part of me has never gone away. I also still dressing up.

21. I have a passion for nutrition and am currently pursuring it at UNLV, where I am almost a senior ( although I still have oh... two years left if i go full time).

20. Despite my love for nutrition and food, I do not consider myself to be a good chef. I have a few recipes I can make...... and the buck pretty much stops there.

19. I love swing dancing! Before I got married I was thinking of finding a full time partner and going on to competitions and stuff. I was told that I was good enough to go on and compete if I kept up my training. But alas, I got married and then pregnant and then pregnant again. So now I just go to the thunderbird lounge every now and then and try to re-teach the steps of the lindy hop to Isaac. :-)

18. I would one day like to start a foundation called "Clothes For Quilts." It would be a non profit organization that would take donated old clothing that really can't be worn anymore due to holes, fading, bleached, etc. , cut them up and then use the material to teach high school students how to make quilts. The quilts would then be donated to the needy. It would be a foundation that was 'green,' taught teenagers a life skill, and helped those in need.

17. I would love to one day be able to sing in carnegy hall, or perhaps the confrence center in salt lake. It's the one thing that I know that I am good at, that I practice at, that I never get tired of. Maybe when I retire I can sing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. My great-grandfather sang with them, perhaps I can carry on his legacy.

16. I collect Donald Duck Items. Most people say that he is too cranky. Well, guess what! You'd be cranky too if you were trying to celebrate christmas and two stupid chickmonks were in your cristmas tree, breaking your bulbs and eating your walnuts and candy.

15. I don't like people who people who pee on the seat! You're an adult now. You should know how to properly aim! And if you are a woman, who have noooooo excuse!

14. I really wanted to go New Orleans before the hurricane hit. Now not so much. I think I'd rather visit New York City. In fact I wanted to go to NYC for my honeymoon, but Isaac said no. I don't blame him either.

13. I have in fact experienced love at first sight. But love at first sight does not nessisarily mean that the person will love you back. lol Actually it just makes other relationships harder for you down the road.

12. I met my husband at the institute one day when I stole a jar of candy and he got blamed for it. :-) It got us talking. And of course, talking is the first step towards the rest of your life.

11. The last time I went on a road trip with my sister, we sang disney songs the whole way. It was fun and kept us awake for the 7 hour drive.

10. I have a silly fear of calling inactive members of the church. I have a very hard time getting myself to do visiting teaching to those members because of is fear. I am always afraid that they are going to yell at me, or something. I dunno. Because of this fear, I had an anxiety attack on my first real sunday as Relief society Secretary.

9. I am the youngest adult member of my Husband's family, which most of the time is frustrating and humiliating. Isaac says it because I try too hard to get them to like me, that I'm not relaxed around them. lol That's proabably very true. Not to mention, I am a total geek. lol

8. I am a total hiker, but not a camper. I especially don't like Girl's camp. And because I said that, I will probably be called to be camp director in a year or two. great.

7. I am currently growing my hair out long. I want it to be down to my waist again. Right now, it's at my shoulders. I really like the red coloring in it too.

6. I was born in Denver colorado, but moved away when I was 10 months old and have never moved back since.

5. I may not be able to cook a whole lot, but I can BBQ meat pretty well.

4. Isaac and I want to take a cruise next year for our 5th wedding aniversary. We still haven't decided what to do for our 4th, but it's not till august, so we have some time to figure it out.

3. I had an obsession for a while there on King Henry VIII and his six wives. I can tell you all their names, how each of them became either ex-wives, or dead, their kids blah blah blah. I actually corrected my history teacher once in class because he was claiming that King Henry beheaded them all. Which he didn't. He only beheaded two. Anne Boylen and Cathrine Howard. And that was because they were commiting adultry.

2. I don't read much very anymore because when ever I get into a book, I ignore everything (everyone) else. So for my kids sake, I don't read very often. But shoot, once they go into kindergarten, BRING ON THE BOOKS! :-)

1.I love parties, and weddings. Proms and dances. Anything that brings lots of people together for a good time, with music and good food. Isaac and I host parties all the bloody time. Luckily, he likes them just as much as I do.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I have never gotten the "impression" that you try too hard to get us to like you -- Isaac seems to like you just fine and that's all that matters! Your the youngest (baby in this family) I am sure that in itself is most frustrating! lol I love #18, what a fab idea! This was fun to learn more about yourself! cute post.
    xo

    ReplyDelete