Wednesday, August 26, 2009

tonsiliths vs the soprano! thoughts on singing.

Have any of you heard of tonsiliths? I have them and they are so nasty and PAINFULL!! The left side of my throat hurts insanely right now, and the pain is shooting up into my ear. I looked them up online to see if there is a way to permanetly get rid of them, but the only way is to have your tonsils removed. Not something I really want to do. I am finally taking a voice class with an opera singer as my teacher right now and I want to audition for some professional choirs this christmas. I was really looking into the Myron Heaton Chorale. But if I have my tonsils out, it will take a good month to recover. Maybe even longer to get my full singing capability back. Scary! Then again, I can't really sing if I'm constantly coughing up painfull rocks! Ugh. It's so gross. So that is my current dilema. To get them removed or not get them removed. I think I will be healthier (no more tonsilitis ore strep!) If I get rid of them, and I've heard of several case of people having a better singing voice once they healed, but a surgery would really screw up the semester for me. ::sigh:: what's a soprano to do?



Have you ever met that one person who has fullfilled your exact dream in life and while you are proud of them, you feel jealous too cause you have not been able to fullfill your dream? But the jealousy spurs you into action and you find yourself working to fullfill your dream (or something similar) so that you don't feel like you've wasted your talent? Ha, that's me right now. Back in march, My cousin married a DISNEY PRINCESS!!! She seems way awesome too. But when I see what she's done with her talent and what I've done with mine I feel as if my singing around the house at the top of my lungs is not good enough. I need to really do something with it. So I joined the stake choir and sang at stake conference. Hahahah. Well that's overwith now and I've met some great people who have informed me of some other more professional choirs I can join. I have always been more of a soloist than a chorus girl, but perhaps this would be good for my abilities (and my humility lol) if I sang with people who are better than I. Hm... So it's time to roll up my sleves (or rather lift up my voice) and siiiiiiing!!! I am ready and excited for a challange! Now can I get rid of the stupid sore throat please?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment