Monday, September 28, 2009

ammon's birthday


We had a Mickey Mouse party at the park tonight. My family (including Gramma and cousin Samantha) came, the sellers, the pacls, and the Taylors came too, along with the Ben Juarez family and Jill's sister Kim. It was a very good turn out, (although if I had known that only half of the people I invited were going to come, I wouldn't have spent NEARLY as much money as I did on this party). ANYWAY!! It was very fun. The whole thing from the balloons to the plates to the pinata to the party hats (or should we say ears....) Was all MICKEY!! My mom even made a cake in the shape of mickey. BBQed hot dogs, chips and soda were the dinner and we had a pinata full of candy. There wasn't really a need for games- the playground took cake of that. The only problem I really had with the whole thing was that there were kids not invited to the party who I did not know, who decided to join it. They took the candy, cake, hot dogs, mickey mouse ears and gift bags full of party favors.... It REALLY annoyed me. My mom encouraged it, because we did have a lot of food left over. But, I think it is rude and trashy to just go up to people you don't know and start asking for their stuff. And even more trashy for their parents to just sit there nearby and let their kids do so. Isaac agreed that it was very ghetto, but none of the other adults there seem to think it was a big deal and gave away the food and candy. Well, anyway Ammon loved the whole thing. From the cake to his friends being there, to the toys and playing on the playground. He loved every minute. When we got home home he played with his new toys despite his eyelids drooping. Finally he put down his star wars gun and slowly climbed the stairs. So Isaac picked him up and put him in bed with out any fuss from Ammon. It was really a nice evening. I still can hardly believe my little boy is 3!
Here is Ammon playing with his new toys.

I love that little one so much. He is so beautiful and sweet and caring. So often he comes up to me and says," Mama, I love you so much." It makes my heart melt. He is so sweet. Happy birthday my baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment