Moment number 1: Hyrum opened up the shutters in the living room, took me by the hand, and led me to the open window. There we looked out the window and he told me about everything he could see. With one arm around me, while I was crouched down next to him, Hyrum told me about the rocks, trees, houses, wagon, ect. That he could see. I patiently listened to him about what seemed important to him right then, as he babbled on in his little baby talk. For a good 15 mins we were like this. And as I gave him this moment of undivided attention (ammon was upstairs watching a movie), I felt that feeling of peace, reassuring me that this was the path of the "good mother.". I love my little Hyrum so much!
Moment number 2: we went to the park this evening as a family. We were in the grass and Isaac began running around with Hyrum's blankie, making it flap in the wind behind him like a cape. We all began to run after him trying to get the blanket away. Who ever got the blanket would then be "it" and everyone would chase that person. It ended with me jumping on Isaac, and Ammon and Hyrum jumping on me, all of us laughing in a doggie pile. A lady walking by started laughing too; not a rude laugh, just one of enjoying herself watching us enjoying ourselves. And afterwards, all 4 of us played on the swings. Isaac even pushed ME on the swings, which was fun but scarry. Then Ammon and I pushed isaac on the swing, which Ammon found Halarious. By the time we left the park, we were all in such a good and relaxed mood. I want more moments like these. They make life beautiful.
Thank you for sharing these! I love to read about families that are loving and close in these days. Don't get me wrong, it's a comic relief to hear about frustrating moments, too! This is what a rich life is all about. :)
ReplyDelete