I have the nesting urge really bad. I keep noticing things in my house that I feel need to be fixed or changed RIGHT NOW!
1. Ammon has these ugly white bookselves in his room that are wobbly. I want to replace them with a nice book case that he can place his books and toys on. One that will match his bed and won't be easily knocked over.
2. I want to redo my bedding and windows so that they will match each other and match my furniture. They used to match, but Hyrum recently took sissors to my bed.....That's a story I'm not getting into. Now I have some old bedding on that was pretty at one time, but that was a good 10 years ago. But for the life of me, I can't find anything I Like (well, at least anything that I like that is affordable). I am will to wait until the perfect set comes along.
3. I need to fix the paint that is down stairs before the end of May, when book club will be at my house. I would love to cover up some of the mistakes with lovely crown molding, but that's not likely to happen soon. As long as I can get the current mistakes covered with some paint by the time book club occures, I will be happy. (I wouldn't mind the rest of my house painted in semigloss too, to hide all the fingerprints that are on the walls, but one thing at a time right?)
4. The thing that drives me absolutely mad though is my backyard. I want the rocks GONE! I want the bushes GONE! I want the mud GONE! I want the ground leveled and the fake grass IN! I go back there about once a week and try shovel/hoe some of the rocks out of the way, but I can only do so much, because I don't want to hurt or over-exert myself. It's been extremely slow going. And this drives me absolutely crazy! I hate how ugly my backyard is. HATE IT! We've pulled out a bunch of bushes, and moved some of the rocks, but now there is mud in the back yard because I don't know much about how to turn off drip systems and yeah......The weather has been perfect for being outside, and I just wish my backyard was finished so I could enjoy it.
So friends, did the nesting bug bite you? What did you do? How did you handle it?
No comments:
Post a Comment