Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Campout

Isaac had to work the night of the ward's father-son campout, and he is going to be in Connecticut for fathers day. So over the weekend he and Ammon packed up the truck and headed up to UTAH for an over nighter. They went to place called Yankee Meadows. I have never heard of the place, but looking at the pictures it is BEAUTIFUL! I really want to go camping there myself.


Ammon helped Isaac gather rocks and wood for a fire. They roasted hot dogs over the flames and followed them up with some good old smores. Ammon had been waiting all day to get his hands on those marshmellows





Isaac's sleeping bag accidently got left at home in the dryer, and there was no way for me to let him know because his phone accidently got left on my bed. I did send two extra blankets with them, one being a nice wool one we got at our wedding. Unfortuneately, those two blankets didn't do the job, and Isaac ended up getting up at 3 am and sitting by the fire till Ammon woke up. He was just too cold. Once Ammon was up, they fried up some Baccon, eggs and toast.

!


Once breakfast was over, they packed up and went for a hike.







Then they drove home. Ammon kept asking if they were going to go back to the campsite and Isaac told him no, but they could come back another time. The only problem is that the next campout Isaac goes on is supposed to be just him and Hyrum. Hyrum is currently in the middle of potty training and so needed to stay home with me on this trip. Plus we figured it would be good for them to have some one on one time with their Daddy. Unfortunately, I don't think the boys understand the whole, one on one time deal. They just want to go camping. Hyrum was super jealous that Ammon got to go camping and not him, and Ammon cries whenever we mention Hyrum's camping trip. "I don't want to stay with you Mom! I want to go camping again too!" (Nice to know I'm loved huh? lol)

I am really glad that Isaac and Ammon had a good time and that they both want to go back. Next time we'll make sure we get Isaac's sleeping bag packed too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment