Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lamanites

Here a few moments that remind me that I may not be a perfect mother, but I am doing something right.

1. Last tuesday Ammon asked us if we were going to have family home evening. We told him no because we had had Family Home Evening the night before. Ammon replies, horrified, "You had it WITHOUT ME?!" :)

Mind you, he was there, he had just forgotten that we had it. Still, it showed me that he saw the importance of Family Home Evening, and that he was making sure that we had it.

2. Today Hyrum picked a small decorative copy of Charles Dickins A Christmas Carol. He opened it, and said in a very grown up voice, "And it came to pass that the Lamanites made a discovery." :) He may not be getting a lot out of our nightly scripture study, but he is getting something.

Actually adding to this last one, the other day I was helping Ammon and Hyrum build a city out of blocks. We included a wall around the city, and I built a tower on the corner of the wall. I told them the tower was so the people in the city could watchout for Bad guys. Hyrum said, "Yeah, because the Lamanites are comming!"

I wonder what he is going to think when he realizes that he is a Lamanite. :D

2 comments:

  1. I just laughed so hard! I love your boys and I can't wait till Jack can say things like that!

    ReplyDelete