I got to go to San Fransisco for the first time as an adult this past weekend. I've been before, but most of my memories are of my aunt's condo. The choir that I am in went there to perform for a Catholic Mass and an afternoon concert.
The cathedral was HUGE!~ I wish my pictures could do it justice. The place was masive. And the acoustics? AMAZING!
It was my first time attending a Catholic Mass and I found the whole thing very interesting. The talk that the Priest gave was very good and made me think. It explained Lent and made me contemplate the law of the fast a little bit deeper. Not only that, but I got an inside look at how millions of people around the world worship.
We walked to Fisherman's warf on Saturday (only two miles away from our hotel). That was so much fun! We went to the resturaunt called the Blue Mermaid where I got the most uh-maze-ah-ing shrimp and red pepper chowder. If I ever get to go back to San Fransisco, we will SOOOOO be visiting that resturaunt again. :)
We didn't go to Alcatraz, because we just didn't have time. So here's a picture of it. :)
And of course, a picture of the super handsome guy who came with me to San Fransisco. I think He likes me. We went to a 50's Diner with some of the other members of the choir. I had to take a picture of the beautiful milk shake.
The concert itself went very well, musically speaking, but had a very poor turnout. I counted 38 people in the audience. The directors son said there were about 60 or so, some of them I guess were sitting off to the side. Still, I thought it was rather sad that we had come all the way there, on our own expense to sing for 60 people. Oh well, I guess that is the nature of the game though.
It was a great vacation. I wish it had been a tad bit longer and a lot cheeper. We stayed at the Kabuki Hotel with the rest of the choir, and while it was very nice, it was expensive too. I prefer staying somewhere like Hampton Inn where the room is not as pricey and includes breakfast every morning. We did save money by walking (ahem hiking) every where rather than renting a car. I was amazed at the hills there! They are so steep! And they are everywhere! I was sick by the time we walked back from Chinatown (although I think that was caused more from the open sewers that are everywhere. Nothing like sewage smell everytime you cross the street. ICK!)
Still, It was a nice vacations. The boys stayed with my parents while we were there and so Isaac and I got our first full weekend away from the kids since we've been married! It was lovely!
That sounds like so much fun! I want a hot weekend date with the hubs!
ReplyDeleteAmazing! I'm glad that you had so much fun! Nice to have to some time with the hubby.
ReplyDelete