So this is what is going on with me. It may be a bit of TMI for some of you:
I have complete placenta previa. If you don't know what that means, it means that the placenta is completely covering the cervix. I was diagnosed with it a while back, and the drs were keeping an eye on it. I was given a perscription for celestione shots to help the baby's lungs develop faster. That way, if I deliver early, we will be less likely to have an incident like with Enoch. Enoch's lungs were underdeveloped when he was born, and I didn't want that happening again.
Saturday Isaac, Enoch and I are exhausted. Ammon and Hyrum go to my mom's to spend the night since we aren't much for taking care of them at that point. I go back to Labor and Delivery for my second shot around 2. Over and done quickly. I go home and go do homework at the computer, since they said I didn't have to lay down the WHOLE time. I just wasn't supposed to be up and about. I got lots of homework done and went to bed.
I wake up around 1:00 in the morning because I have to pee. In the dark I can feel that I am really wet. Turn on the light. I am soaked in blood and dripping all over the floor. I wake up Isaac and desperately try to get dressed without getting covered in blood. Isaac gets Enoch up and we drive to Spring Valley Hosptial. I am shivering in the cold the whole way there and can feel myself passing more and more blood. I fill up my maxi pad and soak my underwear by the time we get into Labor and Delivery. I get checked by dr Ivie. The baby's heart beat is great and he is very active. My cervix is closed, but I am contracting and the Dr on call doesn't like the amount of blood that I am passing. I am admitted into the hospital around 5:00. Isaac and Enoch go home to get some sleep.
They told me originally that I would be here maybe 36 hours. Then I met with the perinatologist, Dr Bowman.
He did an ultrasound and told me that I needed to be here three full days with NO bleeding before they will send me home. If I go home and start to bleed again, I have to come back. If and when I do get home, I will have to be on complete bed rest the whole time. The gushing I had Saturday night is considered bleed #1. The 3rd bleed I have will result in permanent hospital bed rest (untill the baby comes). I still haven't stopped bleeding fully, so who knows when my 3 days of without blood will begin. I stopped bleeding for a while yesterday, had dry pads and everything, but then I started to bleed lightly again last night.
The perniatologist saw that in addition to the previa, it also looks like I have placenta acretia. That means that that the placenta has grown INTO the wall of the uterus, rather than just attaching to it. Sometimes the placenta can attach to the bladder as well. It doesn't look like the bladder is affected (yet) but there is no uterine wall deviding the placenta from the bladder (at least, not one that is visible on the ultrasound). It is possible that my uterine wall is just so super thin in that place that it can't be seen on the ultrasound, but there's not much of a way of telling right now. It's highly likely that I will need a hysterectomy when I go to have this c-section. There will be a specialist in the OR as well to reconstruct my bladder if the placenta has attached to it as well.
Dr. Harter came down yesterday and talked with me, and I have talked with his partner Dr. Brill. Actually, I have talked to lots of drs. over the past couple of days. They all say the same thing. Gotta get the bleeding to stop, stay here three day afterand I will probably have a hysterectomy when this is all over. They are trying to get me to 32 Weeks. 34 would make them Happiest, but they will settle for 32 if they have to. I have to make it another week and a half at least.
Baby Zion's heart beat is great, he moves a lot, and he is a good 4 and a half pounds already. But he will definitely be the last baby I get to have.
So that is pretty much it. If anyone wants to help, let me know. My biggest issues right now are finding out where my boys are going while I am here and Isaac is at work. Isaac can take pick Ammon up on his lunch break and take him to afternoon kindergarten and then pick him up from Safekey afterwards. But there is still the other two boys that need someone to watch them. And If anyone wants to bring dinner by my house for my kids and husband, that would be great, because Isaac is going to be doing so much running around this week since I am not there. It would certainly take the stress off of him.
I am looking to drop out of school this semester. I pretty much have to. I will be contacting UNLV today to see what I have to do. So much for graduating this semester.
So that's what's going on as of right now. Thankyou for all your prayers and well wishes. I'll update more tomorrow.
Allison, I really wish I could be there. We will continue to pray for you and your family. We love you! Listen to the doctors, get lots of rest, and try not to stress.
ReplyDelete