So, I got to 34 weeks and the Dr. Bolnick came and did the amnio. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe that's because they gave me 1mg of Doloted to help me thought it. Apparently that stuff is more potent than Morphine, and I am rather sensitive to it. I was sooooo dizzy and nauseous! Dr. Bolnick at one point told me to roll towards him. I moved my head towards him and a wave of dizziness hit me. Everyone in the room laughed and Dr. Bolnick told me that I hadn't even moved my head, just my eyes, and that I needed to move a little more than that so they could perform the amnio. I told him that I felt "so weird. If this is what it feels like to be drunk, I don't know why people do it." He told me it doesn't take much to make me drugged and that I was a cheep date. The whole conversation was pretty funny. I think the drugs were worse than the amnio itself. But then again, maybe the amnio would have been worse if I hadn't had the drugs. I don't know. Either way it's over now, and I spent the rest of that day in and out of sleep.
That evening we got the test results back, and turns out, the baby despite being a large baby, did not have mature enough lungs for a C-section the next morning. Talk about a bummer. I couldn't really wrap my head around it until the next night when It came crashing down on me. I cried and cried and cried. I had to watch some Big Band Theory to help me feel better. Nothing like Sheldon Cooper to help get my mind off of things.
The Doctors have said that I don't have to wait the full two weeks to have this baby though. I get to have him this Friday at 1:30pm. I am so looking forward to that day. I don't need another amnio either. They can tell by looking at the last one when his lungs will be mature enough.
He was measuring on the ultrasound to be about 7lbs 3oz at 34 weeks, give or take one pound. We'll see what he ends up being on Friday when he gets here. But you can certainly see that he is large. I was weighed today, and I am 164.6 lbs. Which means I have not gained a single pound since being here. In fact, I think I've lost a few pounds. Most of the weight loss is probably coming from my legs. My poor legs are getting smaller and smaller from lack of use due to being in a bed all the time. People aren't kidding when they say that muscles will atrophy quickly without being used. I knelt down the other day to get something out of my bag, and my legs shook as I stood up again. I try to exercise my legs, but my legs are still getting smaller and smaller. Oh well, Just one more week left till I go home! I just hope that the baby will be nice and healthy when he comes out so that we can go home together.
No comments:
Post a Comment