Saturday, March 16, 2013

A good day

Today was so nice. My breakfast tasted gross, so Isaac brought me Einstein's Bagels and the two of us went to the dining courtyard to eat them. I'm allowed rides in a wheelchair around the hospital now. The Drs. don't want me going crazy being all shut up in my room for days on end. The weather here is warm now, and absolutely perfect in the shade. We ate out there and headed back to my room just in time for Gloria and Greg to show up with my babies! They brought me cookies (and extra cookies for the nurses) and we sat and talked for a while. When It was time to for them to go, I had the boys push me in the wheel chair to the front door. Really Isaac pushed while Ammon and Hyrum each held onto a handle. But they were excited to help push me down the hallway.

After they had gone I asked Isaac to take me on a walk around the hospital. I wasn't quite ready to head back to my room yet. We found the "healing garden" which was pretty but still smelled a bit like cigarette smoke. Someone must have just been out there before we got there, because a breeze picked up and soon the smell was gone. We talked for a little bit out there, and it felt like we were on a date. It was nice. We finally headed back to my room, which was good because I had forgotten my phone and my parents and Tabatha were waiting at my room for me. Mom had picked me out a basket full of White Citrus flavored bath and body works for Saint Patrick's day (all the bottles were green and smelled great!) and some cute froggy socks that match my bright green nightgown. So we sat and talked for a while and ate the rest of the bagels (because lunch was gross).

Once they had gone Isaac curled up next to me on the bed and we watched some TV show on HGTV. It was nice to be held close. I am amazed at how lonely I get while I'm here. I love it when people come to visit me, and I CRAVE time with Isaac. I will say that this week has reminded me just how much I love my husband. He had been trying so hard to be Mommy and Daddy, Keeping the house clean, picking up and dropping the boys off at school/drs/here/babysitters, bringing me clean clothes/good food/shampoo etc. He is tired and stressed, but he isn't complaining. He is stronger than I am and I LOVE HIM.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you had such a great day with Isaac yesterday! Can I come visit you tomorrow? I'll call you tonight and we can work out the details.

    ReplyDelete